Some Countries are announcing Re-opening of Facilities like Swimming pools, but Are They Safe?
Coronavirus has been ruling over the world for a few months now. When strict lockdowns were in place, the authorities had issued explicit instructions to shut all public places like restaurants, pubs, and even facilities like sports clubs, swimming centers, etc. These were among the various preventive measures all countries were, and still are, taking to fight the deadly global pandemic.
However, with information about England opening the doors to pool facilities from July 25th circulating in the media, there is a dilemma in every mind about safety.
Let’s learn what experts have to say about aquatic venues.
What experts say
According to medical practitioners, no evidence suggests that Coronavirus can or cannot be spread through water. However, several safe practices can protect you from the disease.
Public aquatic venues are mainly operated and managed by city or county governments, apartment complexes, membership clubs, gyms, schools, water parks, and homeowners’ associations. These units need to be extra cautious when the facilities re-open for public use. Here are a few pointers to be noted:
- The lockdown easing measures are essential to be printed and posted everywhere on the premises to create awareness among people.
- Maintaining social distance while the swimming pools are up-and-running is a challenging task. Still, people need to understand the necessity and follow the practice.
- Authorities have to ensure that there is a booking/reservation procedure and timetable established for the swimmers to maintain a limited number of people inside the premises at a single time.
- They should also ensure that the premises are regularly disinfected and cleaned for the next use.
- As per government rules, indoor pools are not going to open for a longer time than open pools, so people also need to be careful.
- Pool management should also discontinue group games like water volleyball, basketball, cross pool, etc.
- The authorities have to make sure that swimmers carry their equipment or aids like floats, goggles, snorkels, and kickboards. The individuals have to label them, clean them, and sanitize them.
- The staff must encourage everyone around to follow hand hygiene and respiratory etiquette.
- The team must be trained on all safety protocols, be it a virtual training to ensure social distancing.
- Changing rooms are the most unsafe places because people tend to make mistakes and touch things often. Therefore the authorities may look for refraining pre and post-shower activities on the premises. Instead, the swimmers can come pool ready from home and leave the venue once the swimming session is over.
To protect from COVID-19, out of many safety measures, the government is stringent about opening the swimming pools again. Even when they open, the pool life needs adjustment to maintain social distance. Hence, we must learn to live with it as the virus is here to stay for long.
More in Health & Well-being
Did You Know you Could Turn Your Gardening Passion into a Career? Check out How!
With the worldwide pandemic still prevailing, people are away from their offices and are spending more time at home. Most have...July 15, 2020
Is Your Sunscreen Causing You More Harm Than Good? Here’s How You Can Tell If It Is Safe to Use With Tips From Dermatologists
The sunny season is finally here! Deposit Photos | Woman enjoying a serene sunny day at the beach And, as such,...July 9, 2020
Too much Stress Bothering You? Try out These Expert Suggestions to relax Everyday
Most of us are trapped in the prison of stress, anxiety, and depression due to the ever-increasing materialistic rat race in...July 8, 2020
Art Therapy- The Mental Health Gem You Didn’t Know About
With the current state of lockdown that most of the world is going through, mental health is likely to deteriorate quickly....July 3, 2020
Did You Know Your Child is a Natural Genius when it comes to Food?
Feeding a growing child is sometimes a challenging task. Although all parents don’t have to struggle to make their children eat,...July 1, 2020
Magnesium: The Hidden and Underrated Benefits of The Superstar Element
Magnesium- how much do you know about this element? Sure, any high school science class is incomplete without studying the basic...June 30, 2020
Smart Supplements That Play a Major Role in Boosting Your Child’s Immunity
The COVID-19 pandemic has brought out a lot of fear. The most worried lot is the parents. With kids around, it...June 30, 2020
It’s Finally Time For Some Summer Fun! Hotels Are Prioritizing Guest’s Safety and Health During COVID-19 Outbreak
Ever since the World Health Organization announced COVID-19 as a pandemic, the hospitality industry has taken a huge hit. This forced...June 25, 2020
Scientists Have Found a Surprising Link Between COVID-19 and Vitamin D- Here’s What They Discovered
This year has been all about focusing on your health and immunity. Obviously, the ongoing pandemic hasn’t left any of us...June 24, 2020